Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Buyer to support our Alpine purchasing office in Mission, Texas. This position is responsible for the coordination of sourcing and localization of mechanical and electrical parts for new program development. This position will perform the following:
- Conducts cost analysis.
- Participates in negotiations, builds supplier development and provides cost down activities as defined by management.
- Analyze the productions requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, supplier capacity, logistics and cost analysis.
- Effectively utilize project management knowledge in identifying key activities, establishing milestones, recording event requirements, and maintaining and distributing this plan accordingly.
- Solicits and evaluates quote proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and or audits potential suppliers to determine if they can meet the specified requirements.
- Makes recommendations for supplier selection based upon department and company objectives in local procurement of the commodity.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Complete detailed process audit during development phase prior to mass productions.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to achieve semi-annual cost down target of 5% annually..
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university; and three to five years of automotive sourcing experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) strongly preferred
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Be able to collect and research; creative problem solving.
- Knowledge of cost analysis techniques.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of contract law.
- Strategic thinking by analyzing market, competition.
- Strong work ethic.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop and present proposals.
- Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment.
Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic an attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.