Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
We are currently seeking an experienced Buyer to support our Alpine purchasing office in Mission, Texas. This position is responsible for all aspects of sourcing to reduce total supply chain costs, including the following:
- Evaluate cost and lead cost negotiations for mechanical commodities.
- Promote other costs reduction initiatives with supply base.
- Conduct supplier audits, evaluations and development activities to maintain a supply base of desirable suppliers.
- Participate in continuous improvements activities related to issues affecting overall supply chain.
- Conducts cost analysis, negotiations, supplier development and cost down activities as defined by management.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of mechanical parts through localization of commodity.
- Analyzes the production requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, supplier capability, logistics and cost analysis.
- Solicits and evaluates quote proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and/or audits potential suppliers to determine if they can meet the specified requirements.
- Complete detailed process audit during development phase prior to mass production.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balances against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university; and one or more years of automotive sourcing experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Be able to collect and research; creative problem solving.
- Knowledge of cost analysis techniques.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of contract law.
- Strategic thinking by analyzing market, competition.
- Strong work ethic.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop and present proposals.
- Self-motivated team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment.
Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic an attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.